We went to a birthday party at the Staten Island Children’s Museum today. Long story short: Put this place on your list.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The museum on the grounds of Snug Harbor Cultural Center. It’s a beautiful enclave of architecture and gardens.
- It’s about a 40 minute drive from Jersey City Heights. You take the Bayonne Bridge – which is MASSIVE and the view is breathtaking – especially on the way home.
- It’s only $8 to get in – kids under 1 are free. Parking is free. Great value for your money in this place.
- There are three floors to play and learn on, as well as an outdoor play area (which wasn’t open today – I’m sure that’s weather permitting.)
- Highlights include a fire truck (complete with fire fighter uniforms), an interactive exhibit on homes and buildings, the pirate ship/building block room, the veterinarian office, and the bug room.
All in all, we had a great time. We arrived at 10am and left at 1:00 because we had another engagement. We easily could have stayed until 4 or 5, especially if the outdoor play area was open.